Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sewing and Shopping!

Another two blocks from GT&SB done - these are Drunkards Path! I have had a few comments about receiving different fabrics - well, I tend to play around with little bits in my stash and often substitute. These are from Nanette of Freda's Hive - I've been thinking of Nanette and the gremlins that have invaded her computer, so here's something happy for you to see, Nanette!

Some of my shopping - now don't ask me why, but I love this Kaffe floral and I am not a 'brown person' at all! Look at these gorgeous shot cottons of his and how beautifully they co-ordinate. I think I know what I am going to do with them!


More Kaffes and Shots - the two purples on the right I will use in my CWBQ for the Grape Block! The aboriginal dots - these read sort of plain with just a little dash of something and could come in handy. The floral - well, I just like the background colour.

I had a lovely sleep in this morning with the rain and wind fiercely swirling around outside. However, it was so sad to read the news one of Australia's most highly esteemed quilters has passed away - pop over to Erica's blog Creative Dabbling to read a wonderful tribute to this very talented lady, Narelle Grieve.
Hope your day is a happy one!

25 Lovely People said ...:

Purple and Paisley said...

your posts full of enthusiasm and pictures full of color always make me smile...☺

Anonymous said...

What colorful, cheerful fabrics Lurline!

Nedra said...

I have some of those quilt fabrics from Nanette too. How fun to see that they made it all the way to your house too.
And you know how I love those Kaffe's!

Pat said...

Love those fabrics!!!

Cardygirl said...

Lucky your eye candy doesn't put on weight Lurline...it was all so delicious I would weigh a ton! Love that GT quilt!

Melinda said...

I love those happy fabrics in the top photo. Very cheerful. I remember reading about Narelle Grieve years ago. Very sad.

Nat Palaskas said...

Gorgeous fabrics Lurline. I am keeping away from quilt shops and hang on to my purse!!!

My name is Riet said...

HI Lurline. I love your fabrics. My favorite is Kaffe too. Love his brights.
Have a nice day

Mistea said...

I see you got plenty of goodies to play with. Love the bright colours. Enjoy

Janet said...

We must have been on the same wave length, I bought some bright solids and a few Kaffes today as well. I love the fabrics going into the blocks in the top photo.

Rumi said...

Great fabrics Lurline. You are so creative, I am looking forward to seeing what you do with that lovely Kaffe fabric!

Unknown said...

i love all those yummy fabrics.

Nanette Merrill said...

It is really silly to see that this post brought little tears to my eyes. Silly huh. But it was a sweet post and it made me feel good that I'm remembered right now while I pick up the pieces of my computer life and try to piece them back together. Your fabrics are so cute together! I love love love what you are doing with them. Good for you. It makes me again! want to jump inside to be with you. I am not a brown person either but I do love those fabrics. I love Kaffe's but I don't tend to buy them. That shot cotton is wonderful. I have some of that too. Love it. Thanks Lurline!

Mrs Quilty said...

Well, Lurline, you had fun shopping! I love all that you picked out! Love those florals and how they blend so beautifully with the solids!!! Very creative choices!

Nima said...

wow...what a pretty fabric

Myra said...

Great fabrics Lurline...

Cornfield Quilter said...

Oh, I have missed spending time on blogs and seeing all the wonderful things you have been doing. I LOVE your new fabric, it is wonderful! Harvest is fast approaching and so I won't be on much. Know that I will be thinking of all you quilters and wishing I could quilt too!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You did find some really neat and pretty fabrics and you even have some neat ideas as to what you will create with them--good for you!!! Happy stitching--hugs, just, Di

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Those fabrics Lurline, gorgeous....your blocks look great...

SueR said...

I have seen quite an interesting assortment of fabrics on your blog lately, fabrics I haven't seen here. Fun, fun, fun! I'm enjoying watching your progress on the CWBQ.

Deb said...

Your drunkard's path bloccks are really gorgeous - and the brown Kaffe! I AM a brown person and purple - so these are heaven to me.

Candace said...

Your fabrics are beautiful, and so are the blocks. I'm sorry about the loss of such a talented lady.

Jossie said...

Lovely fabrics Lurline. I don't like brown either but sometimes brown does not seem brown. I can't explain but I guess you know what I mean.

Bunny said...

Beautiful fabrics and beautiful blocks. I am trying not to shop until my stash goes down. :( Have a great day.

Micki said...

The fabric is so cheery and colorful. i love your blocks!
Micki