Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Creme De La Creme!

No - I didn't buy the pattern in Melbourne! But I did put in an order over the phone today. This gorgeous antique reproduction quilt is Civil War Bride Quilt by Corliss Searcey. Now, Kathie from Inspired by Antique Quilts had told me to check it out before I left for Melbourne, then Girlfriend! bought the pattern in Melbourne and now Lizzie, of A House in the Country from Blogland, who I met in Melbourne, keeps talking about it - so, I just have to make it. I was besotted when I saw the quilt - I love applique and vowed I would never take on a big project again - well, this one will be my last, I have promised myself!

I'm fairly sure I won't have to buy any applique fabric and maybe I have something suitable for the background, too - we'll see, when the pattern arrives!

More gorgeous fabrics from Melbourne - lower left and middle back, antique repros - A Magoo pattern by Melly & me, spots for his body and floral for his pants - then just a few lovelies in the middle!

My sewing machine arrived from the serviceman today, so I'll be stitching away very soon!

Happy day!

33 Lovely People said ...:

antique quilter said...

you gave in!!!!!
oh I can't wait to get this pattern
I have to order it
I just LOVE It, trying to encourage Lizzie to make one block :)
hoping Janet makes it too!
isn't it beautiful :)
you will be happy you joined us in the journey of making this quilt!
Kathie

Chookyblue...... said...

wow what a challenge........oh and I met Lizzie today she left a comment on my blog........

Shari said...

Wow. What an amazing quilt. Certainly a challenge but you are well up for it. And a new friend for Mr Perkins! What fun...

Nat Palaskas said...

Lurline wow, I bought the pattern too! I was at the stall Threadbear and over heard the story of this quilt being told and when I turned around and saw the quilt I was in love with it. I have got the pattern in my hot little hand. I am sure you will finish it long before I even started. Enjoy Natima

Anonymous said...

That is an exquisite quilt Lurline. Glad you have your sewing machine back. Have fun!

Purple and Paisley said...

gorgeous! a huge project that will be so worth it! wow! ☺

Miriam said...

Isn't it a most amazing quilt!!! I don't think I will get the pattern yet.....I need to get the Morrell quilt done first. I will be watching your progress with great interest.

Corliss has some gorgeous quilts to chose from!

My name is Riet said...

Wow, what a beautiful quilt. And what a huge plan. Good luck with it.

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous heirloom quilt! I know you'll do it justice. Magoo is going to be darling. Will he be keeping Mrs. Perkins company?

Kaaren said...

Another quilt pattern that's to die for. It had your name written all over it, Lurline. Yours will be spectacular...I've no doubts about it!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is very yummy.

cheers
Christine

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Beautiful Lurline, I saw it at Lizzie's now you are getting it. I'm joining in, I'm going to get it too, will ring them tomorrow. xo

Unknown said...

I saw this quilt on Lizzie's blog...You can have it.!...too much work for this little black duck...it is Gorgeous & I will be watching your Progress...
cheers

Janet said...

Good for you Lurline, you buckled on a gorgeous quilt that's for sure! Love all your fabrics. That was a good time to put the machine in while you were in Melbourne! I'm off to see Lizzies blog, thanks for the link.

limpingalong said...

Wow! Looks like you are going to be a busy lady! Love the fabric.

Nedra said...

That is a lot of applique! Love the pattern, and it will be fun to see your progress as you stitch along.
Did you see the picture of the one that is simular on my post from Long Beach?

Annie said...

WOW that is amazing I did n't make Melb this time, but looks like you and others had a fab time.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Lurline...popping to see what you have been up to...this is absolutely beautiful!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Beauty. That is what I think when I see that book. Love the fabrics, too. Exciting stuff.

Bev C said...

Wow this quilt will keep you busy Lurline. Have fun choosing your fabric. What is the history about this pattern,would be interested to know.

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohhh.. that is some gorgeous quilt.. it will definetly keep you occupied for some time.. but oh what a lovely quilt you will have!!! :o)

Dena said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Have fun selecting all of your fabrics.

siv hege said...

Love your blog! I have an award for you on mine:)

Julie said...

Oh wow. Isn't it a beautiful quilt. Such a huge project though. I must go and have a look at it one day, the shop that sells it is only 1.5 hours from here. I've always dreamed of doing a Baltimore style quilt but I think it might be something to tackle when the kids are bigger. Hope you finish it before your 90th! lol

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot wait to watch as this quilt unfolds. It will be amazing! Just remember to have fun!!

Rumi said...

Fabulous quilt. Loads of work involved but I know you are up to the task and it will be lovely when completed!

Sue said...

What an amazing pattern. I admire your energy and look forward to seeing the results.

karenshopes said...

goodness I cant wait to see this when its finished.
Karen

Mel said...

WOW! What a stunning quilt! Can't wait to follow you as you make this!

Kris said...

What a lovely quilt. Hope you enjoy making it!

Cathi said...

What a stunning quilt!! Enjoy making it!!

Candace said...

What a beautiful awesome quilt. I can't even imagine trying it, but I know that I'll get to follow along and share the experience of creating something so wonderful. Looking forward to watching your progress.

Rebecca P said...

Oh my goodness that is a stunning quilt! Can't wait to see your's