Friday, May 15, 2009

Quilts and Creatures!

Here she is again - Saskia! She's growing more beautiful every day and just loves her family - she cries when the little ones are at school!

A pic of my sweet Alice - and sweet she is! She has such a lovely nature. I'm so smitten with Saskia I feel like a traitor of a Mum to my two little pups at times!

Oh, yes - a little bit of shopping at the show! These gorgeous linens to make a shaggy quilt, a few gorgeous novelty prints at the back and a new pattern. I must think about a start on Mrs. Perkins over the weekend, Janet and Joy ! - anyone else care to join in - see my Sidebar!
While thinking about Blogland Girlfriends - you must pop over to see Robyn of Daisy Quilts - she has a gorgeous quilt published in the latest edition of Down Under Quilts - congratulations, Robyn! I believe there is a project of mine in that issue, too - must try to pick up a copy today!

This is a better pic of the Block of the Month project I have joined - Green Tea and Sweet Beans - certainly is colourful and interesting. It will be a challenge for me to keep up - we'll see how I go!
From the quilt show - Monet's Garden by well-known WA quilter, Jan Rowe! Wow, all those little hexagons - beautifully executed!

Created by our well-known Australian quilter, Jenny Bowker - will this creation be at Houston this year?
Off to the doctor with Mum for scripts today, then maybe to Garden City to have a look about for some new shoes/boots - it is starting to get chilly here now! Some new clothes are in order to suit the extra kilos - not good in recession times, pity the body hasn't recessed, too!
Happy weekend!
PS - for all you Happy House builders - Julia and I will start the trimming and sorting this weekend!

21 Lovely People said ...:

Julia said...

I'm was in awe of these gorgeous quilts..
I will be very surprised if Jenny's quilt doesn't make it to Houston..
It's good for the recession Lurline..maybe not for your pocket, but you are spending!!...smile
Hugs Julia ♥

Anonymous said...

I love the pics of Saskia and Alice - they are so beautiful. Thanks too for sharing quilts from the show. What a feast for the eyes! Have fun shopping. Hope you have a wonderful weekend Lurline!

Julie said...

I love Saskia. There were Ragdoll kittens for sale in our local paper last week. I'm so tempted but I might be better to wait until Ellie is just a little older.

Helz said...

Thank you so much for sharing some of the Show Quilt's Lurline... Just Amazing & the Linen fabrics look way too interesting for the health of my pocket but as Julia says ... Good for the recession... Gotta do our Bit! Smiles :)

Unknown said...

Love that new pattern - the elephant is so so cute!!

Bernadette said...

Lurline when I saw this post I laughed and laughed! When I went to Amitie with my friend Kerry a few months ago we saw the BOM pinned up out the back, in the process so to speak. We both fell in love with it and vowed to join when it came out! We just seem to love the same things.

Joy said...

Awww, Saskia is just gorgeous ... those eyes, wow!!! Of course, dear Alice is beautiful too :o).
Gorgeous fabrics Lurline. I've picked mine out for Mrs Perkins, I'll start her on the weekend too all being well - I had intended to start her earlier but bin a bit busy ;o). Congrats on your bag in DUQ - I'm off to buy my copy now :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Melinda said...

Saskia sure is a pretty cat. And the quilt underneath Alice looks pretty too. And the fabrics you bought look very interesting.

Mistea said...

Your four legged family members are gorgeous, Saskia has such a cute face. Gorgeous quilts and loot from the show. Can't wait to see your animals. Thanks for sharing.

RG said...

Wow, what a great read Lurline!
Your little kitty is perfectly adorable!!!
Oh those eyes!! ..and your dear puppy Alice... Oh so cute.

Thanks so much for your congrats on being in the mag too :D It's pretty neat being in the same one with you! :c)
big hugs!!
Robyn xx

Abby and Stephanie said...

That hexagon Monet's garden is amazing. Looking forward to seeing your version of Mrs. Perkins.

Susan Calitz said...

Wow I have a new baby boy cat too, Jasper, just like yours!!!
Will post a picture on my blog

*karendianne. said...

Awww, I love seeing that little seal mitted girlie. She's growing fast!

I can't get my head around the fact that it's about to be Winter there. Trippy.

And I love the quilts you're showing here. Fascinating Monet with such skill and art in the heart. Wow!

Unknown said...

Love the BOM you are Venturing Into...it's Gorgeous.!!.Nice Purchases too...know what you mean about Body Recession...it's always a Worrie.lol...
cheers for a good weekend..

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love the pictures of Saskia and Alice so very cute. I wish I new how to make little animals, I would make my grandson a zoo and an ark to go with it!!

Lissa Jane said...

Thanks for sharing the pics Lurline.. and each time I see that kitty I am thinking 'oh no... another cat like Cosmo'.. he truly is ONE evil cat.. 3.30am yesterday and 4.30am this morning had to wake me up to tell me he was STARVING...

I am waiting for the recession (body one) to kick in too.... LOL aint happenin'!


Lissa
off to do some sewing, the sewing machine in the same room as the kiddies (sleepover last night) wont wake them will it????

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing the pics, love seeing the quilts. I saw Jenny's quilt last year, it is amazing. I'm sure I'll get to start Mrs P this weekend.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Saskia has the most beautiful eyes.
Love seeing all those pretty quilts.

Cathi said...

The quilts are glorious but I was completely captivated by Saskia!! Those eyes are amazing. Her markings are fantastic. What an absolutely gorgeous kitty!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Wonderful quilts. Such inspirations thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see what you make out of your fabric finds.

Anonymous said...

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i luv the japanese bridge! i'm like the no. 1 fan of monet!!!!! looks like im gonna be ur no. 1 fan if u keep this going!!!