Saturday, July 5, 2008

Kaffe & Repros!

It is a bleak, rainy day here today ... the best we can do to lift our spirits is play with beautiful fabrics!

The above pic is part of my stash mixing antique reproduction fabrics with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I have worked a little with Kaffe Fassettt fabrics, really admire him, his fabrics and designs. There are three of Kaffe's in this little array.


On the left here we have the Kaffe fabrics, and on the right we have fabrics from the 1800's. The middle rolls are all Judie Rothermal's - a great researcher of American antique quilts and fabrics.

Throughout the week, a few friends and I were discussing fabric colour - I had a little giggle as they think the colours I use are "muted". Maybe, maybe not - I know only what I see. I think they thought I had gone a little crazy when I said one can mix repros with Kaffe's fabrics.

I do know that I am going to have a lovely weekend playing with my pretty colours. Enjoy your weekend - a bit sad for the sport people and outdoor workers of Perth - it's a bit wet out there!

'Bye!

8 Lovely People said ...:

Julia said...

No matter what you mix together Lurline, you just seem to make it "work"
You have a wonderful eye for colour and fabrics..
Just you go on doing what you do, and the results are always beautiful!
hugs julia, good rainy day for sewing today!

Bernadette said...

Have a look here Lurline
http://forum-farbstoff.blogspot.com/search/label/Block%20of%20the%20month%20sampler
I think this would work beautifully with your repros and Kaffe and maybe a little Amy Butler thrown in, just another one on my neverending to do list.

Helz said...

Whichever way you look @ these fabrics Lurline the verdict is still deliciously Yumm...

Kristie said...

I love the fabrics and I think they look lovely mixed together!!!
Kristie

Myra said...

I think you have something happening there Lurline! Looks good to me! Can't wait to see what you do with them!
Happy stitchings!

Nicole & Phil said...

the Kaffe's look great with the repro's!
I have a stack of repros that I have no idea what to do with...cause they are not my colours.....but mixing them with Kaffe's......makes me think I need to go shopping! LOL
I look forward to seeing your quilt with this colour combo!
that scarf is unbelievably gorgeous!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

like you fabrics..........do what you want .......I do........can't see the fabric police watching...........lol........

loulee said...

Thats a great mix of fabrics. I really don't think it matters what you use, new, repro, Kaffe....if you were making a scrap quilt they would all be in there and work just fine, so why not?